As in every other country, you will need legal documents such as a visa to enter Indonesia.
If you would like to know more about an Indonesian Business Visa or an Indonesian Working Visa, please click here. If you would like to know more about the Indonesian Retirement Visa, Indonesian Social visa or Indonesian Spouse Visa, we provide details below.
The Indonesian Retirement Visa is a temporary stay permit for retirement purposes. A foreigner can apply for a Retirement Visa with a travel agent acting as the sponsor.
It is valid for maximum period of one year. The entire process usually takes 2 months.
To eligible for a retirement visa, you must:
- Be 55 years of age or older
- Have no intention of working in Indonesia
- Be of good health and character
The requirements for Indonesian Retirement Visa:
- Possess a passport or travel documents with more than 18 months remaining validity
- Have a bank statement – proof of holding a pension, minimum of US$1,500 per month, to provide the applicant living expenses during the proposed stay. (total US$18,000 per year)
- Proof of health & life insurance
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A photograph with a red background, four copies each of two sizes: 3×4 inches and 4×6 inches
- A personal guarantee letter
- An employment letter from at least one Indonesian citizen who can be of assistance during your stay.
The retirement visa is valid for one year and can be extended annually to a total of 5 years.
This is a single entry visa for the purpose of visiting friends or relatives or for a social, cultural or educational exchange. With this visa you’re not allow to conduct business activities in Indonesia or to work. An Indonesian citizen must be a sponsor.
The requirement for an Indonesian Social Visa:
Indonesian sponsor needs to prepare :
- Copy of the identity card from the sponsor who lives in Indonesia
- The Copy of sponsor’s family registration
- Bank account statement Copy
Foreigners needs to prepare :
- Two passport sized photographs ( 4 x 6 inches )
The social visa process can take up to 3 – 4 days. After you receive your social visa you can come to Indonesia for a visit of up to 60 days. This can be extended monthly for a total stay of up to 6 months.
Foreigners who have married an Indonesian citizen and have an official marriage certificate acknowledged by the government of Indonesia may apply and obtain a one-year visa/KITAS sponsored by the Indonesian spouse.
In addition, you must obtain a limited stay permit card (KITAS) from the immigration office in the area where you live.
The requirements for an Indonesian Spouse Visa:
- An original marriage certificate, acknowledged by the government. If married overseas, the Marriage Certificate should be legalized by Indonesian Embassy in the country of origin
- An Indonesian ID Card/KTP of Indonesian Nationality from the spouse
- The Family registry card (Kartu Keluarga) of the Indonesian national (the spouse)
- A savings book from a bank account that belongs to the Indonesian national
- The mobile or telephone number of the Indonesian national spouse.
It takes five working days to obtain the visa letter of approval from immigration in Jakarta. After the visa has been granted, the visa approval letter will be emailed to immigration in Jakarta and to the Indonesian Embassy overseas.
After obtaining the visa, you have two months to enter Indonesia otherwise, the visa will no longer be valid. Your passport must be submitted to the immigration office in 30 days after arrival to make the KITAS card. If you delay your submission of the passport more than 30 days, you will incur an overstay penalty.
Feel free to contact us for a free quotation on managing the visa and work permit process in Indonesia.
Fill the contact form and we’ll get back to you with a quote and an overview of the process customized for your visa needs.