As in every other country, you will need legal documents such as visa and work permit to enter Indonesia
The type you need will depend upon the purpose of visit or stay in the territory. Arranging for visas and work permits, as well as other administrative documents related to foreign labor is relatively time-consuming and difficult in Indonesia.
The number of foreigners coming to Bali who fail to comply with the Indonesian regulations is growing rapidly. Please note that requirements for a visa in Bali, as well as the process of extension of visa in Bali, is the same as anywhere around Indonesia. Tourists coming to Bali are not exempt from the legal obligations.
# VISAS AND WORK PERMITS (KITAS)
Indonesia has several types of visas that are based upon the purpose of your visit, but for companies, the most common are the Work Visa (called KITAS) and the Multiple- Entry Business Visa.
Any foreigner who works or obtains income in Indonesia must apply for a work permit. This is a bureaucratic procedure that involves the Ministry of Manpower as well as the immigration office. The entire procedure will take two months.
KITAS provides the following benefits
- Obtaining employment and salary legally
- Having the right to stay without regularly having to leave the country
- Obtaining permanent residence after 3 years
How to apply for KITAS?
- Send us the required documents from your sponsor company. These include company documents and the expatriate placement plan that we will help you create.
- Send us the required documents about the applicant. We will need a copy of the passport and university diploma, photos and insurance policy information.
- We will prepare the application and see it through the process in Indonesia.
- You will apply to the Indonesian Embassy in your country to get a temporary visa.
- Once you arrive in Indonesia, our consultant will accompany you to the Immigration Office to give fingerprints and signature.
- We will complete the rest of the requirements, such as the re-entry permit and IMTA document.
The whole procedure will take about one month and Cekindo is ready to efficiently lead you through the KITAS process and save your time with our extensive networks, which include local authorities.
# MULTIPLE-ENTRY BUSINESS VISA AND WORK PERMIT
If you visit Indonesia for a business reason and do not intend to obtain any income in Indonesia, it is not necessary to apply for a work permit.
Instead, you can apply for a business visa, which is a simpler and faster procedure that allows multiple entries and is valid for 1 year.
A Business Visa provides the following benefits
- Simple and quick application
- Business purpose of visit
The purpose of the Indonesian Business Visa is normal business activities (including attending a conference/seminar) which do not involve being employed or receiving any payments in Indonesia
- Having the right to stay FOR 60 days with 1-year validity period
You can apply for an extension by leaving Indonesia in 60 days and coming back (crossing borders) or by applying for and obtaining a visa from the Indonesian Immigration Authority.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS IS QUITE EASY, ALL YOU NEED TO PROVIDE IS:
- Your nationality.
- Some countries are on a restricted list, which makes the application process more complicated.
- List of resctricted countries: Afghanistan, Guinea, Israel, Iraq, North Korea, Cameroon, Liberia, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Somalia.
- Your sponsorship company.
- If you don’t have one, Cekindo can provide the company, providing sponsorship.
The whole procedure will take about one week
Consult with Cekindo to clarify what type of visa and work permit you need and what procedures you need to follow to work legally in Indonesia.
And our services include the following
- limited stay visa indonesia
- local sponsorship jakarta
- permanent stay permit indonesia
- visa agency indonesia
- visa agency jakarta
- visa sponsor indonesia
Selected Clients for Work Visa:
Cekindo is ready to efficiently lead you through the entire visa process and save your time by our extensive experience and network that includes local authorities.
Feel free to contact us for a free quotation on streamlining the visa and work permit process in Indonesia.
Fill out the form and we’ll get back to you with a quote and overview for your industry.