The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic introduces The PROPEA Programme as one of the services of economic diplomacy. The plan is to aid Czech Republic companies already operating within the territory or in the preparatory stages of entering the market.
The PROPEA Programme aims explicitly to boost Czech Republic firms to have an investment nature instead of solely focusing on exports. One of the objectives is to reduce risks in entering demanding foreign markets by enhancing the capacity of the Czech Republic.
The launch of the PROPEA Programme in 2020 intends to support Czech Republic businesses with a more permanent presence in foreign markets. The PROPEA Programme offers Czech Republic companies export pro-export services in regard to:
- Processing of a business plan for market entry or investment
- Processing of legal, tax, financial, and legislative analyses
- Launching products on the market (assistance in negotiations with financial institutions, support in opening an account and securing financing, establishing a company, etc.)
- Securing licenses, certifications, product registrations, and trademarks
- Confirming and verifying documentation for import/export and logistics
- Creation and coordination of supplier and partner networks
- Securing promotional, marketing, and PR services
- Support during the start of production/start-up assistance for companies from the service sector
- Utilization of technical facilities.
Although the program benefits all parties, the maximum financial support extended by the government for this project for a particular territory is USD 2,000 for a calendar year.
PROPEA Development from 2020
The PROPEA Programme is a collaboration between the Czech Chamber of Commerce and the Confederation of Industry and Transport of the Czech Republic. These two bodies work together to create a new tool that supports economic activities abroad.
The government approved the program of the Czech Republic on 18 March 2020 as part of the Emergency Package of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Thanks to the new PROPEA program, Czech companies can use local experts’ services to help ensure business continuity and solve logistical and other problems associated with emergency measures in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic.
There has been a further extension from the initial project that kicked off in 2020, as in 2021, a total of 19 approved PROPEA projects will provide individual services to Czech companies in 17 countries around the world.
Cekindo’s Support of the PROPEA Programme
Cekindo Business International focuses on supporting the entry of Czech entrepreneurs into the Indonesian market. Cekindo also strives to further improve and expand their business to other parts of the country.
Since its establishment in 2011, Cekindo currently employs more than 120 employees and has offices in Jakarta, Semarang, Batam, Surabaya, and Bali. Cekindo also developed into a major player in consulting and supporting foreign companies in Indonesia.
Cekindo has extensive experience with the activities of Czech companies in the local market and offers the convenience of communication in the Czech language.
The services provided as part of the PROPEA project are discounted for Czech companies and represent a supplement to the individual services provided to Czech entrepreneurs by the embassy or the CzechTrade office in Jakarta.
The PROPEA budget subsidizes 70% of the price of the service, and the remaining 30% is co-financed by the involved Czech company.
Through the PROPEA project, Czech companies can use, for example, professional assistance in ensuring the registration and certification of their products for the Indonesian market or in establishing a local branch or representative office.
The services extended to Czech companies as part of the PROPEA project include the following items:
- Development of a business plan for market entry or investment;
- Preparation of legal, tax, financial and legislative analysis;
- Putting products on the market (assistance in negotiations with financial institutions, support in setting up an account and securing financing, setting up a company, etc.);
- Securing licenses, certifications, product and trademark registrations;
- Ensuring and verifying documentation for import/export and logistics;
- Creation and coordination of supplier and partner networks;
- Provision of promotional, marketing, and PR services;
- Support for starting production/starting operations in the case of companies from the service sector;
- Use of technical facilities;
- Representing the company locally (on a commercial contractual basis between a Czech company and a foreign representative, without financial support from the PROPEA budget).
For further information and details regarding the services, Cekindo offers a free consultation for services such as tax consultations and company registration. Do not hesitate to reach out to us; we look forward to hearing from you.